How to Transfer a Domain Name
In this guide, we will show you how to transfer a domain name to your account.
Domain name transfers generally take between 3 and 5 days to complete. The time-frame
varies, and depends on the domain names TLD and how long your domain registrar begins to initiate
1. Make sure your domain name is eligible for transfer
Before you initiate a domain name transfer, be sure that the domain is eligible and qualifies to be
transferred. The standard requirements for most domains, including gTLDs (ex., .COM * .NET * .ORG *),
newer gTLDs (ex., .BID * .CLUB * .TRADE * .TECH * etc.), and also ccTLDs (.TV * .ME * .CO * etc.):
* The domain name must be unlocked at the current registrar.
* The domain name must have been registered or transferred at least 60 days ago.
Once you have verified that the domain name is elegible for transfer, you may begin to initiate a domain
name transfer. Please be aware that you will require an Authorization Code from your domain registrar,
commonly known as "EPP Code" in order to transfer the domain name.
You could purchase the transfer from us with the following steps:
1. Contact your domain registrar and request an EPP Code for the domain name.
2. Log into the Python1 Client Area.
3. From the top navigation menu bar select * Domains > Transfer Domain to Us.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the purchase.
Once the domain name transfer has been purchased, the domain name will aquire "Pending Status" and
your old domain registrar should release the domain between 5-7 days. You may contact them (if needed)
to speed up the out-going transfers.
When the transfer is fully completed, you will recieve a notice from us.
Please be aware that the DNS do not change automatically to Python1 DNS and should be updated when
the transfer has been completed.
To minimize the downtime, it's recommended to upload all your website files and folders to our server
and then update the nameservers to point to our servers.
That is all.